Who We Are
The Africa Platform for Social Protection (APSP) is a network of individuals and organizations operating at grassroots, national and regional levels, with a commitment to promoting a strengthening the social contract between states and citizens. To achieve this, the APSP promotes active engagement of Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) in the shaping of Social Protection policies, programmes, and practices in Africa.
To create partnerships with Civil Soci¬ety and other organizations to engage with the Governments and International Development Agencies (IDAs) to develop and implement innovative Social Protection strategies and programmes that make a difference in people’s lives in Africa.
An African continent free from poverty and vulnerability.
The APSP’s main objective is to support the development of effective national social protection policies and programmes and thereby contribute to the achievement of the Millennium Development Goals and the goals of the African Union Social Policy Framework (SPF).
- To develop and implement awareness programmes on Social Protection
- To facilitate national debates on Social Protection in the African region
- To support the engagement of CSOs in discussing, designing and shaping Social Protection policies and programmes in Africa
- To facilitate the acquisition of knowledge and learning of good practices on Social Protection
In pursuit of our vision and mission, the APSP will be guided by and uphold the following principles/core values:
- Transparency and Accountability
- Inclusion and participation
- Integrity (fairness, honesty, commitment, and hard work).