The Annual Strategy Meeting of the Global Coalition on Social Protection Floors was held on 15th -17th January 2018, at the Sarova Panafric Hotel, in Nairobi. The meeting brought together 47 participants , drawn from different regions and countries in the world. These countries include the United Kingdom(UK), United States of America (USA), Germany, France, Switzerland, Belgium, Sweden, Argentina, Sri Lanka, Uruguay, India, DR Congo, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, Madagascar, Gambia, Malawi, Mozambique, Ghana, Senegal, Zambia, Rwanda, Zimbabwe and Kenya . The theme of the meeting was Opportunities and Challenges in Implementing Social protection floors. Some of the recommendations include
- Promoting international advocacy for Social Protection Floors
- Promoting universal coverage of social protection.
- Initiating a global campaign on Social protection Floors.
- Use of international instruments to strengthen advocacy.
- Mapping actors of Social Protection Floors at different levels.